Monday, March 29, 2010

An Unexpected Gift

Recently, there was a discussion on the Yahoo group for Inner Mongolia (IM) families about how to find the families that fostered our children prior to them joining their forever families.  It turns out there was a non-profit that used to supervise and fund the foster family program in parts of Inner Mongolia.  One of the IM Mom's had a contact who used to work for the non-profit and he provided her a list of children who were once under his supervision.  Yep...our Sofie was one of them!

This kind gentleman sent me a lovely email with lots of information about Sofie Dang Hongyan.  He remembered her and her "big smile when we see her every week.  She like smile very much."

He also told me that Sofie Dang Hongyan was fostered by not one, but two different families...one she joined at about 9 months old and was then sent to another family about 15 months later.  Wow.

And, there was a picture attached to his email...it looks like she was about a year old...just precious.  The file is too big for the blog so I am going to see if Brandon the photoshop wizard can help me with that so I can post it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow. How great to get a few more pieces to her past. I hope you are able to post that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,

    I'm so glad he had info and a picture for you! It's so nice of him to share all of this with folks. It know it means alot to have this missing information to share with Sofie someday if she so desires! I can't wait to see the pic either!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] A short while back I posted about coming in to contact with a gentleman in China who had photos and info about Sofie.  You can read about it here. [...]

    ReplyDelete