Sunday, February 28, 2010

We are officially a family!

Today was adoption day - we signed the official legal adoption papers and little Miss SY officially became our daughter!

We were curious if we would have a happy or sad girl when she woke up and saw us and well...snuggles and kisses all around.



It was a bit tough...we had to get up and leave early and princess just didn't want to get dressed or let Mama do her hair.  Brandon had to go to the bank to change money for the fees so I was on my own!  Welcome to Mamahood, huh?

When we arrived we noticed the Ayi and orphanage director were there, but Sofie was already velcro kid so I wasn't worried about it.  At some point Ayi took her and held her and played with her...so confusing for this poor kid.



Suddenly, she didn't want anything to do with us...again.  Baba Brandon to the rescue!  Did I tell you what an amazing Baba he is?



When Ayi left, another meltdown.  Poor thing is so sick and had to get up early and was super tired too.  It was only about two minutes before she was a velcro kid to Mama again though.  I started her on antibiotics after lunch and put her down for a nap, so we are hoping she feels better soon.

We are supposed to go shopping tomorrow, but think we will hunker down and get this kid well.  Or Brandon will stay with Sofie and I will do the shopping.  Stay tuned!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!

    Again...I really wish things were handled a bit differently. How confusing for her to have these people come and go. I'm glad Brandon came to the rescue!

    I hope that she starts feeling better soon...and I hope you all are able to get the rest you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she's a velcro kid already:)
    Hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I have seen her with her hair down. She looks so grown up. I bet Brandon is an amazing Baba and you an amazing piece of velcro. Keep up the good work you all have a whole cheerleading squad back in the States. Love to all three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! This is kccmom from RQ. I remember all too well the crib pushed up against the bed. You are in for the ride of your life. We had our tough moments in China too, and between just being tired and your child being sick, it makes for some stressful moments. Our son was sick when we met him too. If she's still sick in Guangzhou, there is a clinic at the White Swan, or there is another clinic/doctor there that I can find a name/address for if you need it. A friend had to use a doctor in Guangzhou. Fortunately, we did not. Our son's respiratory issues resolved with antibiotics.

    Good luck!
    Jolene/kccmom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you guys. Congratulations on official familyhood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Melissa, she is just beautiful. I know it had to be so confusing for her to have to see the Ayi and director again! I'll be praying that she is well really soon too!

    I can't stop thinking about ya'll and wondering how it's going every minute! Thanks for the posts!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That is amazing...she knows you're going to be her Mama and Baba. Things will only get better and better .especially when she feels better. I know she's everything you'd hoped for. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yipee! Great news.
    Just imagine her behavior when she feels well! I think she is doing just great not feeling 100% with so many confusing things going on. Have fun shopping. I bet you are looking forward to being home. Soon enough. XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you posted your website on FB ... I forgot how to access this! Love reading your journey and so happy for you both!! Can't wait to see more pictures of your beautiful little girl! She adorable!!

    ReplyDelete