Saturday, November 27, 2010

Santa Clause Is Coming To Town

It's been so much fun teaching Sofie about Christmas and Santa and all things holiday.  We've been watching Polar Express...which she loves. Her favorite part is near the end when Santa Clause comes out to his sleigh and all the elves sing "Santa Clause is Coming to Town".  This is her version...I tried to catch it secretly but she caught me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sofieyan/5211876273/

So Santa did come to town yesterday!  He was here to partake in the Festival of Lights.  Sofie waited all week to tell him what she wanted for Christmas and when the time came...she hid behind me.  She decided that Santa is "scwarwy".  But we had a blast taking in all the holiday cheer...wine tasting, food, entertainment, music and the lighting of the town for the holiday season.













We hope you are having a festive holiday weekend!

3 comments:

  1. He is a little scary looking! Do they do Christmas in China??? Yountville looks very festive..it's such a sweet little town. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmalyne is quickly catching on who Santa is between reading many books and beginning to watch the traditional Christmas videos. I don't think she's ready for the Polar Express yet, though I could be wrong. Anyway, I don't own that one yet. I think she will enjoy Christmas more than her birthday. While she liked her gifts, she was still young enough and everything was still so new that I don't think she understood we were celebrating her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're not sure how Luke will react either....but I suspect he'll be with Sofie on that! I'll let you know! Sofie's pics are precious!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete