Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Camera Nerd is Born - Brandon's First Post

I put this blog online about 16 months ago, so it's probably about time I made my first post. I never thought I'd be one of those photo-nerd parents who were always clicking away at the shutter button. But then two things happened: (1) I met Sofie, and (2) I got a new camera. Alas, I have joined the ranks of the amateur-but-hopeful shutterbugs.

We can now put some semi-professional-grade photos online, courtesy of the Canon EOS Rebel. There are still many buttons, settings and features I have to figure out. But I'm at least able to point and shoot with it.

My long-term goal is to get into nature / wildlife photography. There's plenty of inspiration for this in the Napa Valley area. But you have to start somewhere, so I'm starting with the "wildlife" that frequents our own backyard.

Here are a couple of practice shots from the backyard today. You can click to enlarge them.





5 comments:

  1. Who was that obnoxious mother with blonde hair that use to run around with a camera in her hand all the time snapping pictures of her kids. She still does it with her grown kids and grandkids and told her husband "When she kicks the bucket, to be sure she has a camera in her hand." I have waited a long time to see this regenerate down. You have certainly started with a great wildlife subject there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...keep up the good work Brandon. You will never be sorry to have these photos later on...love to you all...POPPY

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a goner now....when that bug gets you...there's no turning back! The photos are great! Love the second one of Sofie with the shovel! She's a great model for you!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be the parent that gets to the school programs 4 hours early so you can be sure to get a front row seat.....and rightly so! Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It happens!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete