Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday Traditions and The Family Tree

My friend Lisa & I have created our own little holiday tradition of doing our holiday shopping at the Armadillo Christmas Bazaar.  We love to spend our Christmas dollars locally and this festive event features local artists, vendors and live music.  You can even imbibe on an adult beverage while you shop!  We aren't doing much shopping this year due to our upcoming trip, but check out the adorable duds I found for Sofie!  This lovely lady takes vintage clothes, breaks them down and makes adorable, affordable children's clothing.


Cute dress!


fancy skirt


fabricimg_1832


On another, more exciting note, I finished the family tree wall!  Well, almost.  And let me tell you, it wasn't easy!  Our walls are textured so it took double the effort to get those babies to stick.  And yes, each circle is a separate piece.  Now all I need to do is print out family photos and hang them in the tree!


family tree wall in progress






















We heard from the travel coordinator from our agency today and they are saying February for our trip to meet Sofie and bring her home.  We were hoping for January, but just hit a snag with our immigration approval which will no doubt lead to another delay...sigh.

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job. I bet you would get those things to stick if you had to nail them on. Give us (me) a proof of ours--I might be able to send a better picture---or not. I bet Sofie's closet is about to pop, but that is quite all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's going to be the best dressed little girl in Round Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have packed on the holiday pounds and need a bigger circle for my photo.

    ReplyDelete