Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Shopping

I have been fighting the temptation to go hog wild buying clothes for Hongyan.  We've been told by those in the know, it's best to wait until we are closer to traveling, can get updated measurements and will have a better idea of what size she will be wearing.  She will come to us with only what she is wearing so we will need to bring clothes for her to China when we travel.  Not knowing when we will go and which season we will be there also makes it a tad difficult.

So, I decided I would buy little things I come across here and there if they are special or unique.  I am all about keeping it local, handmade or made in the good ol' USA.  But my Mommy friends have helped me to realize that may not be practical.  Kiddos grow so fast at this age and since we are starting completely from scratch (and have no one to hand down girl stuff!) finding bargains will be essential...especially to our budget.

We are fortunate to have a fabulous outlet mall just a few miles from our home.  And in that mall are several children's clothing stores.  Who knew!  My friend Maria was heading over there this past weekend to shop some sales and asked if I would like to join her.  Maria's daughter is just a few months younger than Hongyan, so I knew she would be a great help in finding some cute basics in the right sizes.  Here is what I ended up with -- I got it all for under $50!

First shopping trip



These cute little skirts - Brandon made a comment about them being awfully short.  It's starting already!

Cute skirts



And some adorable yoga tops in lots of colors and a pair of cute adjustable waist jeans

Just a tad of pink



A few pairs of cute pants and tops



Adorable PJ's - I am not about themes and putting pandas all over our girl, but these are so soft and cute

Purple pandas



I promise not to post a picture of every single piece of clothing we buy, but there is no other news to report and it sure was fun to shop.  On another note, we are very close to a new name for Hongyan -- so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. You go girl. Love the Pandas. Brandon--she can date when?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon will soon be introduced to the world of tights and leggings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...just wait til she turns 13 B. Dave is an avid Tums user and has beautiful salt and pepper hair.

    ReplyDelete