Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hongyan's Room - Family Tree Wall

So, I am thinking of doing a family wall in Hongyan's room.  That way she will always be able to see all the faces of those who love her, but she doesn't get to see often because we are all rooted throughout the country.  At first I thought I would make a collage of frames.  Then, I thought I would sketch a tree, fill it in with paint and "hang" photos from the branches.  But today, I came across this and I think it is perfect!  They are decals so easily removed and I can choose the color of the tree trunk and of the leaves to match her room:

Family Tree Wall

So what I plan to do is print out each photo with a border and then write the names on the bottom border.  I think I will hang the photos by ribbon with push pins - the kind with little colorful balls at the end -- so the look like they are hanging in the tree.

I may be asking  family for new photos soon -- so if you have a favorite you would like me to use, send it my way!

10 comments:

  1. Gosh, you are crafty. If you do end up doing this, please post pictures of the finished product. Love it! Where did you find the decals, by the way? Cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they great? This site has a ton of amazing decals:

    http://dalidecals.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your whole new world is just beginning. You are going to have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just beautiful! I am so excited for you! What a lucky little girl she is to become your daughter. Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful idea!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We think we are the lucky ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love that idea!! Can't wait to see the finished product:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that! What a great idea! I still no ideas for her room though we are making her a 100 Wishes/Prayers quilt and I bought polka dot sheets to go with.

    ReplyDelete