Friday, October 9, 2009

Birthday Fun

How can I possibly be 40 already?!!!  It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating my 30th with my friends in Cabo.  They do say 40 is the new 30 and sure don't feel like I am 40, so I suppose it really is just a number after all.

My sis Jen has come to Austin for my birthday every year since we moved here.  Poppy usually makes the trip too, but had some expenses come up and another trip to make this year so wasn't able to be here.

[caption id="attachment_174" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Mellie and Jen"]Kiss kiss[/caption]

So this year Jen brought her guy, Guy with her.  Guy turned 40 two days after me so it was a joint celebration of sorts.  Jen & Guy live in Northern California so it was a treat to spend a few days in the warm sun and spend time in the pool.

[caption id="attachment_176" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Jen and Guy"]Noodle swords[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_177" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Brandon through the goal posts"]cannonball[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_178" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Jen soaking up the sunshine"]bathing beauty[/caption]

We had great weather and were able to eat lunch and dinner outside most days.  We went to Gueros, County Line for BBQ, The Oasis for a beer and the view and of course shopped at Central Market.  We also went to Alamo Drafthouse for a movie, lunch and beers.

One night a big ol' storm was rolling in from the west and we were able to sit out back and watch an amazing light show.  If you look close enough you can see a bolt of lightning:

Lightning

Well, they are back to work in China now so hoping for some good news today or early next week!  I have other "friends" in the adoption community who are still waiting on PA's too and are just as anxious as we are.  It's good to know we are not alone!

1 comment:

  1. Well Lordy Lordy we are all hitting 40!! Whelp, you first and Dave was last week. B is next and I hit the 4-0 Nov 14th. I am loving the pool pictures, looks like I will be in snow gear for my big day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete