Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Travel Day

Sofie & I headed back up to Shriner's in Sacramento yesterday for a follow up.  Her surgery site is healing up nicely, so they sent us home with special "shrinker socks" to help with swelling and further healing.  And of course we also left with a new friend.


It was another long day for the Toots, but she is such a good traveler.  We will head back up again in a few weeks for an outpatient surgery, then spend another four weeks or so healing up from that.  And then it's back up to Sacramento again.  Needless to say, we are no strangers to the Southwest Airlines crew at both airports and on both flights!

We hope you have a great week...

2 comments:

  1. FROM NANA JOYCE: She is a seasoned traveler all right. Her first trip was almost half way around the world. Sounds like she is healing nicely. The whole place and staff sound so awesome. Glad she liked the Princess Castle. Did a good job. Thanks as usual for the update. Love to all three. Nana Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,

    I had a little trouble finding your blog....but I found it! So sorry it's been awhile since I've been around! I've caught up on you guys! Ms. Sofie had her surgery! This is wonderful! I know it's a journey and probably a tough one but what great news! I know it will be life changing for her and I pray all goes well! Give her a hug from us!

    Blessings!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete